Christmas in Dresden City via ZOOM by Diane Harris,
Stashbandit.net Class fee: $35 check made out to Belle Point Quilt Guild; send to Connie Bailey
Learn to make Dresden Plate quilt blocks with a holiday theme to use as a table runner or wall quilt just in time for Christmas. We'll cover everything you need including Dresden math, cutting, construction, appliqué, quilting, finishing and exciting variations. Bonus: Learn about value, contrast and scale in your fabrics Supply list:
• Basic sewing supplies and sewing machine with transparent general purpose or open toe embroidery foot.
• Your sewing machine manual. • A ¼” foot and a throat plate with a small needle hole are very helpful but not required.
• 50 or 60-wt thread to blend with your fabric (this thread will show), neutral thread for piecing.
• A piece of flannel or a a design wall if you have one.
• EZ Dresden Acrylic Template (support your local quilt shop)
• Template plastic if you don't wish to use the EZ Dresden
• If you own a Dresden template, you may use it instead. Important: Locate the instructions that came with it.
Fabric Choose a holiday color scheme and bring a variety of fabrics in lights, mediums and darks.
If you wish to precut, cut a couple of medium-value strips 2.5" wide, and a couple of medium-value strips 4.5" wide. Background: You can't make a decision about background until you make your plates.
Since you'll be sewing from home, you can shop your stash first. I will guide you to create a one-of-a-kind Dresden project!